- Our souls long for God. Responding to God is like fresh rain to a parched day, and is the only thing that quenches our spiritual thirst.
- Our hearts are desperate for God’s love. We are desperate for love that never fails. The only love that never fails is God’s love, unending, unconditional, and asking nothing in return.
- Our minds are open to Truth. God lets us in on His plan. God is the only one who knows why we are living and what we are living for.
- Our eyes see our sin. We know we lie, cheat, hate, envy, and the list goes on. We carry the guilt of our sin year after year, when all along in Christ, we could be freed of the burden, and freed of our bondage to do evil to ourselves and to one another.
- Our ears hear God’s voice. Hearing from a friend is a joy we all appreciate. But when we discover that the Creator of the universe stoops to us, speaks to us, knows our names, has our best in mind, we do not know what true friendship can be.
- Our time seeks to have purpose.The value of every day changes. We awake, knowing, because of God this is a day worth living. Our lives not only can be abundant in joy and overflowing in love, but abundant in impact, not only for the day, but for all eternity.
- Our desire is to be pure. God is holy. He offers us His holiness through His Spirit living in us, teaching us, guiding us, protecting us. Once we have tasted of God’s holiness we will never want to live without Him.
Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” John 3:3-8 (ESV)